+44(0)1684 892300 enquiries@abbeycollege.co.uk

Visa Information

Abbey College in Malvern is a sponsor.

We are therefore usually able to issue a CAS for students applying for child route and student route visas.


NB: Please Note - We are currently unable to issue CAS while we await completion of our ISI inspection process. This should be concluded shortly and this page will be updated regularly.

Students requiring a student route visa need to have a UKVI-recognised English language qualification, referred to as a SELT (Secure English Language Test) at the required grade for the course.

For example, you may need to take the IELTS examination. With IELTS a minimum of 4.0 must be achieved in each discipline (Reading, Writing, Listening, Speaking) for you to satisfy visa requirements. The college itself will normally have requirements higher than this for the specific course and subjects you wish to take.

Students who intend to join our summer school to improve their English language level prior to following an academic course can apply for one visa to cover both courses, where appropriate.

The visa process can be quite complex, and may take some time. The Academic Registrar, or your official local Abbey College representative, can provide some guidance on what is required.

Below is a link to the UKVI website for further information on visa requirements and applications.

Do I need a visa to study in the UK?


How do I apply for the visa?